Sunday, February 10, 2008

Business Card/Poster Process Pt. 3

I've decided to with this typeface because it's simple with a bit of style and feels like a good fit with the rest of the art. It'll also reduce nicely for the business card and look good large for the poster.


At this point I trace all the type which allows me to tweak the letters if necessary. In this case, the letter "L" needed a little sumthin' sumthin'...


Pic of Lucky to be taken into Photoshop and turned into dots so it'll reproduce when screen printed...


I added some dots behind the buckin' bunny to provide contrast. Also added a bird at the very top because the space between the 'Y' and the 'B' didn't look right. I intended to have my full address at the bottom but the design seemed to be missing a bit of humor. So I went with "worldwide" because my impending world domination amuses me. And I decided to go with just my email address. Next steps, the printing process. For the business card, I going with a metallic gold background and will print the art using a dark red-brown like the poster I did for Peeping Tom. The great thing about screen printing is printing on colored paper so I'll look through some sample books and choose something for the poster version.


Sometimes you just want a cookie after designing. Oatmeal raisin...
Related Posts with Thumbnails